We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our services, analysing browsing on our website. If you continue browsing, we will consider that you accept their use. You can obtain further information or find out how to change the configuration in our:
Details of the offer, requirements, job functions
- United States
- new york
- Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Reporting to: Payroll Manager
Purpose: To provide payroll administration and solutions as part of a payroll team, with a strong focus in customer service to the stores.
· Process new hires and terminations
· Process Employment Data Changes
· Strictly enforce proper recordkeeping policies
· Maintaining and verifying worked hours and benefit time usage activity
· Process PTO (paid time off) and Timecard adjustments as necessary
· Biweekly payroll processing including data entry, interface management, and reconciliation of data
· Employee verification letters
· Reinforcing company policies and procedures
· Working with HR and Accounting teams including producing payroll reports as requested
· Producing Management Reports
Skills and Attitudes
· Time management skills with excellent ability to prioritize own workload.
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work as a part of a team and individually.
· Ability to provide Quality Service while upholding departmental procedures and policies
· Willing to learn and develop.
· Flexibility in terms of willingness to meet varied and changing demands
· Friendly, approachable, hard working, reliable, punctual and committed.
· Good communication skills (written and verbal).
· Languages: Spanish not essential but desirable.
Experience and Qualifications
· Previous experience in payroll (preferably 2+ years)
· Excellent working knowledge of Excel (up to Advanced – pivot tables etc.)
· Working knowledge of payroll systems such as ADP Enterprise v5, ADP eTime, Paychex One-Source Solution, Paychex Preview, Paychex TLO, and general understanding of system interface management and design.
· Understanding of payroll taxes at Federal, State and local levels. Multistate experience preferred